Welcome to the BEST virtual networking event ever conceived!
If you are unfamiliar with the Ultimate Blogger Party concept, then allow me to enlighten you.
First of all, it’s 100% FREE! (Who doesn’t like free?) Just write a party post of your own, provide the party post URL to the fabulously fantastical wizard known as Mr. Linky (available this evening at 9:01pm EST), and start blog hopping! Not only will you get the opportunity to read some amazing new blogs (and several old favorites), but hundreds of bloggers and blog readers alike will come and see YOU. Last year, I had over 1,500 visitors as a result of my participation in the UBP, several of whom have become great friends.
This years’ event has already grown beyond anyone’s expectations, with the addition of live events, guest speakers, and giveaways that make me want to drool like a starving cartoon character looking at a tall heap of barbecued chicken legs.
So, what kind of party am I throwing this year? Well, let’s just say that I’ve gone ALL OUT to make sure I keep things fun, exciting, and somewhat within the limits of the penal code:
- Tonight: 20 Ways to Make a Cosmo [Now posted! Enjoy!]
- Saturday: CosmoMama 101 (A.K.A. The Death of Fashion Paramedic) [Now available! This one’s a MUST READ!]
- Sunday: There’s Blood in My Alcohol Stream – What to do when you don’t feel like drinking [Now posted for your reading enjoyment!]
- Monday: Conversations With Jake – The First Video Blog (Subject still undetermined) — Missed due to circumstances beyond my control. See “It’s My UB Party and I’ll Cry If I Want To“
- Tuesday: CosmoMama Tackles Her Dungeon of Despair (A.K.A. There’s Carpet in This Room?) — Missed due to circumstances beyond my control. See “It’s My UB Party and I’ll Cry If I Want To“
- Wednesday: Benzilla On Drugs (A re-post of the one and only time I was legally allowed to give my toddler a sedative.) — Missed because I was busy writing this post: “It’s My UB Party and I’ll Cry If I Want To“
- Thursday: You Blog the Blog [Don't miss out on the fun! Hop in and ask a question!]
- Friday: Freaky Linky Love – Getting’ freaky with some of my favorite bloggers
All-rightee! Now that you know what the party’s all about, I’d like to share a little bit of me with you . . .
I’m a west coast Mama, and have been since birth. I live with three boys: Jake, age 5 ½, Benny (A.K.A. “Benzilla”), age 1 ½, and the LOML (the love of my life) age 37 ½. He and I have been together since 1994, and have somehow managed to avoid killing each other. When I figure out the methodology, I’ll write a book.
Most of the blogosphere used to know me as “Fashion Paramedic,” but I have painstakingly stepped out of that skin, and rebranded to “Mama Needs a Cosmo.” In fact, the move still isn’t complete – I’m still in the process of re-categorizing many of my older posts so that they align with my new vision (which is usually blurred by the affects of alcohol).
Some of my best posts include:
- A Different Kind of Recognition
(Reading this post will make you want to save a life. Visit BloodSource, The National Marrow Donor Program, or America’s Blood Centers to find out how you can help.)
- Anything under the category “Conversations With Jake”
(Seriously. If it weren’t for my oldest son, I’d hardly have a thing to blog about.)
- I Found $102.84 in My Trash
(And saved $1,200 in the process)
- Cell Phone Pooping
(A must-read, if you think use of a cell phone is just wrong while in a bathroom stall)
- An Open Letter to Aggressive Mall Kiosk Carnies
(Because no one else wanted to tell them to get lost)
- Most of what’s posted under “Frankenstories”
(Frank is a laugh RIOT!)
I have also revamped the “Cookie Lee” area of my website! Anyone who is thinking about getting into, is in, has been in, or is considering getting out of the direct sales industry will definitely want to check out my Cookie Lee page. I have been a sounding board for the flip side of direct sales (primarily Cookie Lee) for nearly two years, and have been helping women daily avoid the pitfalls and mistakes that can accompany a hasty decision to start a multi-level marketing or party plan business. Please do take some time to read my Cookie Lee posts before you allow yourself to believe that you can “earn extra cash from home” with little effort.
PS: I will forever hold a special place in my heart for the amazing crew at 5M4M after they provided me with a scholarship to attend last year’s BlogHer Conference in San Francisco. I made good on my promise to be a perfect student, absorbing everything I could in a 72-hour period. (I did a little partying too – I may have been suffering from the flu that weekend, but I rarely say no to fun and fodder.)
I’m ecstatic that you took the time to party with me and read my ginormous UBP post! You’re more than welcome to stay for as long as you’d like. But there’s nothing wrong with party hopping and mingling with other UBP bloggers for a while, as long as you come back for a visit. I’ll be here all week!
Party on, Mamas!
168 Comments Add Yours ↓
The upper is the most recent comment
- Did Someone Say “Party”? | cloning master blogs 19 03 09
- Mama! Drop and Give Me Twenty Cosmos! 20 03 09